Thursday, September 30, 2010

Art Project #5: Chinese Brush Painting and English Calligraphy

This was the Chinese Brush Painting project and we painted bamboo. It was interesting the way we were told to hold our brush and the way we did are paint strokes. It all depends on the pressure of the brush the way it will turn out. Maele gave good examples like butterfly pressure and elephant pressure a good way to explain it to kids so they can understand. This technique was not how I was used to painting but it was fun for me to try new things and ways of painting. When practicing on the larger paper I felt more confident and it turned out much better than the rice paper. The paint didn't take very well to the rice paper and tended to bleed. I like the Idea of having an artist signature and I think that I am going to find a way from now on to sign my name and make it my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment