Monday, September 13, 2010

Art Project #2: Eight Designs and Picasso Head


Eight Designs-For this project we were asked to draw a small and a large texture. It was fairly challenging to figure out how to draw a texture that is normally something you feel. I chose fish scales as my small texture. Envisioning the texture and what fish scales would feel like in my mind has a very definite texture and feel. For my large texture I envisioned my grandmothers wallpaper around her home. I remember running my hands along the wallpaper and I wanted to draw that. I found this design I really liked. 






Picasso Head- 
I really enjoyed the picasso head project. I think it would be a fun assignment to incorporate with kids. It is a clever and creative idea. When drawing the eight designs there are a few things I wish I had done differently. When we were told we could be creative and change the pattern and design I was glad to hear that. I like the way mine turned out. The background took me an extra long time and I put in a lot of effort drawing it. The things I like best is the flower design in the face I like how it pops out and looks really unique. If I could change one thing it would be my colored pencil pressure. I think it would have looked much better if I didn't press as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment