Thursday, December 2, 2010

Art Project #13: African Masks

I love traveling and learning about different cultures. This among many other projects would be a great one to do with kids that also involves them learning about the world. There are so many fascinating art forms around the world to discover and explore. I think researching looking at examples and learning about the history behind these masks helped with creativity and discovering what to do for your own mask. It is amazing how a simple thing like color have such different meanings. I wish I could have done research before doing the project to get better ideas. I think I would change the mouth on my mask it looks a bit odd and also the shape and height of my eyes. I would have likes to add less color and more symbols and research it to make it have meaning. All over this was a neat and creative project that can be done in so many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment