Thursday, December 2, 2010

Art Project #12: Coil/Pinch Pots

I have done ceramics and made pots in the past but most were done on a wheel. Not working with clay in a long time it was very difficult to get used to and shape. I found this project a bit of a challenge. When it comes to art I am more of a visual drawing and painting type of person. Working with clay making sculptures or doing anything 3D is out of my element. This would be a neat project for kids to do that they would really enjoy. It can also be a soothing/stress relieving activity just molding and working with clay. But on the down side it would also be a messy activity and may be one to do with older kids. I would change the these by making the edges more defined and smooth they are fairly crooked. Also when doing the stamps I did some with a lot of detail and the ones with less detail seemed to turn out better because they were simple and printed in the clay better. I also would work on the glaze making it smoother and even thicker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment