Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reflection #6: What motivates me as a learner

When I was younger I didn't always like school. I struggled greatly in reading and felt discouraged and frustrated with my self.  But in fourth grade I had the most amazing teacher who truly cared for me and wanted me to succeed. She made that extra effort to help me learn and grow. She was truly passionate and enthusiastic and strongly believed in what she did as a teacher. She knew she had the power to influence someone's life and help them gain a love for learning for their future. I can not imagine what my life would be like if I still struggled and did not learn to overcome those trials. Without her compassion and love toward me I know I may not be where I am today in school. 

Half way through junior high a light turned on in my head to work hard in school and do the best I can. I motivated myself to do my best and I was a happier person because I worked so hard and challenged myself.  What motivates me now as a college student learner is my will to succeed and do the best I can in life. I am here in school to work hard and make something for myself and for my future. I think because of the people who supported me and helped me is what made me have motivation and want to be a teacher. I want to be one of those teachers that shows such love and compassion shines for those little minds of my future children to grow and gain a love for knowledge.  Also to help those children discover themselves and their uniqueness. I want them to find importance and know what they are good at and help them in things they struggle. I truly believe that you can influence someone's life for the better and especially children at a young age to gain a love for knowledge and discovery.

We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment