Sunday, October 10, 2010

Art Project #7: Visual Culture

I have never been a sports fan and have never enjoyed watching sports. I have tried to sit down and understand what is going on and try to enjoy myself but I truly am just too bored and baffled watching it.  It has come to my attention recently how big of an industry sports especially NFL football is. I don't really understand as too why so much money goes into  people throwing around a ball and tackling each other. I don't really understand why so much money is spent and these players get payed ridiculous amounts to spend on material things. It is actually kind of sad to think that so much money goes into something so silly when it could go to a much better cause. Maybe I will never understand it but a lot of people especially guys truly enjoy watching these sports and get so consumed by it. I can't go to school, go to the store, turn on the TV or computer without seeing or hearing something about football or some game. I decided to do this visual culture project because the NFL is something very prominent in our culture and has meaning to be because I think about it a lot. I chose to use red, blue, silver, gold, and black; more patriotic colors because it is part of american culture so the colors are symbolic. I especially chose to print in silver and gold representing the money spent in the NFL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment