Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Art Project #10: Stary Night From My Window

I am a huge admirer of Van Gogh's. Not just for his fame and popularity I have always loved his unique style and interesting brush strokes. His work is truly moving and beautiful. When we were assigned this project I was very excited to do it. I chose to use the view from my home in Pleasant Grove's window. I have the most lovely view of the mountains and the sky especially at night. I tried to experiment and sort of mimic Vincent's style when drawing the stars and the moon. The way he paints gives the painting so much life and texture so I tried to do the same and exaggerate what is reality like he does. I like the way my stars turned out with swirls of color. If I could change anything it would be the moon I would give it less color because the pastels blended too much and made it look a bit messy. I would figure out a way for the moon to stand out above all else but without almost looking like a sun. I would also when using watercolor make it much darker so it looks more like a night time sky. This was probably my favorite project so far and I really had fun creating and experimenting with Van Gogh.

No comments:

Post a Comment